Sunday, June 6, 2010

Official release of Golden Bear Daily

Hello and welcome to my blog.

My name is David Quackenbush I am a sophomore at Western New England College. I will be traveling to South Africa on June 8, 2010 for a summer abroad trip to the World Cup along with 12 other WNEC students and 2 faculty supervisors from the Sports Management department. The summer abroad trip is part of the The Center for International Sport Business (CISB) International Sport Management Seminar Travel course which involves study trips during school breaks that are taught, chaperoned and supervised by a School of Business Sport Management department faculty member. This version of the course will focus on the country of South Africa and the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Students will attend several matches in three different cities, take part in other cultural and sport management related activities, and perform coursework to reinforce the learning objectives
• To gain a broad understanding of the history and context of sport management in a location outside the United States.
• To develop awareness of the cultural differences and similarities between the United States, South Africa, and specific World Cup participant nations that impact business practice.
• To understand soccer from multiple perspectives (historical, political, cultural, geographic, legal, economic, management).
• To enhance student understanding of managerial and operational issues related to the 2010 World Cup.

Having that said, This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for myself and my peers. Thank you to all who read this blog and I hope it is informative and fun at the same time. Feel free to comment back at any time.

Next time you here from me I will be in South Africa!

Sincerely,

Dave Quackenbush

2 comments: